CAPITAL Phnom Penh
AREA 181,035 sq km
CURRENCY Cambodian riel (KHR)
For current information regarding health, recommended vaccines and the location of trustworthy doctors and medical clinics, please refer to the International Association for Medical Assistance to Travellers website.
- 3 star hotel: $60
- 4 star hotel: $100
- 5 star hotel: $270
- Inexpensive restaurant: $2.75
- Meal for 2, mid-range restaurant, 3 courses: $15
- Outdoor and Adventure
- Architecture and History
- The Khmer Rouge terrorised Cambodia from 1975 to 1979. During this time, they killed nearly 2 million people.
- Pol Pot formulated his radical Marxist ideas while studying for an electronic degree in Paris.
- The Khmer Rouge were wearing bright-colored sarongs to make up for the years when only black and blue clothing was allowed.
- A wat is a Buddhist temple or monastery, and near Cambodia’s ancient capital, Angkor, is the largest religious monument in the world, Angkor Wat.