AREA 110,860 sq km
CURRENCY Cuban convertible peso (CUC), Cuban peso (CUP)
For current information regarding health, recommended vaccines and the location of trustworthy doctors and medical clinics, please refer to the International Association for Medical Assistance to Travellers website.
- 3 star hotel: $100
- 4 star hotel: $200
- 5 star hotel: $300
- Inexpensive restaurant: $5.83
- Meal for 2, mid-range restaurant, 3 courses: $20
- Culture and Art
- Cuba is famous for its cigars. More than 700 million are exported every year.
- Almost 50% of the 150,000 American cars that were on the road in Cuba when Fidel Castro came to power in 1959 are still running.
- Former Cuban president, Fidel Castro, claimed he survived 638 attempts on his life, mainly from the US CIA.
- Cuba has 4,000 islands.