NEED TO KNOW
AREA 1,001,450 sq km
CURRENCY Egyptian Pound (EGP)
WHEN TO TRAVEL
For current information on government travel advice, please refer to the U.S. Passports & International travel, the Canadian Travel Advice and Advisories, the Foreign & Commonwealth Office or the Australian Department of Foreign Affaires website.
For current information regarding health, recommended vaccines and the location of trustworthy doctors and medical clinics, please refer to the International Association for Medical Assistance to Travellers website.
AVERAGE ACCOMMODATION COST ($US)
- 3 star hotel: $60
- 4 star hotel: $130
- 5 star hotel: $160
Average in the good period to travel. Rates change throughout the year depending on high or low tourist seasons.
AVERAGE MEAL COST ($US)
- Inexpensive restaurant: $4.35
- Meal for 2, mid-range restaurant, 3 courses: $21.77
220V / 50Hz
REASONS TO VISIT
- Outdoor and Adventure
- Architecture and History
OFTEN PAIRED WITH
- Saudi Arabia
- Egypt is the driest African country with average annual rainfall of less than 51mm
- Sudan is dotted with more ancient pyramids than Egypt
- The first sailing boats were built in Egypt