AREA 1,001,450 sq km
CURRENCY Egyptian Pound (EGP)
For current information on government travel advice, please refer to the U.S. Passports & International travel, the Canadian Travel Advice and Advisories, the Foreign & Commonwealth Office or the Australian Department of Foreign Affaires website.
For current information regarding health, recommended vaccines and the location of trustworthy doctors and medical clinics, please refer to the International Association for Medical Assistance to Travellers website.
- 3 star hotel: $60
- 4 star hotel: $130
- 5 star hotel: $160
- Inexpensive restaurant: $4.35
- Meal for 2, mid-range restaurant, 3 courses: $21.77
220V / 50Hz
- Outdoor and Adventure
- Architecture and History
- Saudi Arabia
- Egypt is the driest African country with average annual rainfall of less than 51mm
- Sudan is dotted with more ancient pyramids than Egypt
- The first sailing boats were built in Egypt