One thing is for sure, there’s enough travel blogs on the web to please everyone! Even though I think my travel blog is the best (of course I do!), there are a lot of amazing bloggers out there, doing an awesome job at telling travel tales and giving advice on the matter.
This list of the 50 best travel blogs isn’t based on metrics (how much traffic these websites have), because as a blog reader (and I read a lot of them!), I am not at all interested in those numbers, and I believe you aren’t either. When I am looking to be entertained with great travel stories, I want to find a fun or sexy or honest blog, not a blog that scores high at Google Analytics.
Of course, it’s quite hard to rate blogs as the funniest or sexiest ones. To qualify for an EPT Best Travel Blogs Award, the blogger’s website need to be full of high quality content, and the website design has to be clean (uncluttered) and enjoyable to read and look at. Also, I didn’t rank them from 1 to 50 since they are all exquisite bloggers!
If you don’t agree with my choices, please send me in the comment box below the blogs you like and in which category you think they should appear, and I will look it up!
To all the deserving winners, please feel free to embed the crest on your website!
I wish you some very interesting discoveries!
The Funniest Travel Blogs
- Young Adventuress – From the best hate comments she receives to her misadventures, Liz is entertaining us, that’s for sure!
- The Travel Tart – Weird, funny, different. What’s not to love from Anthony?
- What Doesn’t Suck – As stated on their homepage: Perfect is overrated!
- Hey Nadine – One of my favorite travel blog. I just love her!
- Killing Batteries – Bite-sized, travel-related quirks and news from Leif.
The Sexiest Travel Blogs
- The Blonde Abroad – Kiersten is sooo beautiful, and gorgeous, and sexy! Her bikini pictures could make a Victoria’s Secret Angel jealous!
- See the World In My Eyes – There’s something about Dennis, the German architect turned world traveler… is it the dreamy eyes or his short stubble beard… Just go see by yourself! You’ll know what I mean!
- A Bikini A Day – More than a fashion and travel blog, Devin and Natasha know how to entertain the girls… and obviously the boys!
- Hand Luggage Only – Hello Yaya and Lloyd! How you doing? Not only handsome, they are hilarious. My kind of men!
- Lydiane Autour du Monde (French) – Because she is so beautiful, and there’s nothing more sexy than a girl having fun and experiencing extreme adventures. For her latest adventures, visit Lydiane’s Facebook page (it’s updated more often than her website).
The Most Honest Travel Blogs
- The Expeditioner – Matt and his team are very open and thorough when telling their travel tales. Every post seems to me to be a non-fictional novel as captivating as J.K. Rowling’s.
- Where’s Sharon – Sharon, mother of 2 (the 3rd is on the way), isn’t afraid to talk about the beautiful, and the ugly.
- Alex In Wanderland – Alex is funny, and upfront with her picky palate and latest surgeries, among other things. We get to know her pretty good from her writing, and we just like her even more!
- Adventurous Kate – Well known solo traveler, Kate isn’t shy about her misfortune or even her limits. Very refreshing blog.
- Never Ending Footsteps – Lauren is the most honest and open blogger of them all! She even gives us all the details about her expenses and unfortunate incidents, while being funny and entertaining.
The Yummiest Travel Blogs
- Will Fly For Food – JB and Renée are very good at taking the best food pictures ever! I am always hungry after scrolling throught their website!
- Different Doors – Revati and Charles are passionate about food and cooking, and it’s contagious through their blog!
- Migrationology – This is THE food blog of the food blogs.
- With Husband In Tow – As Amber and Eric, we are all yearning for food, wine and luxury travel!
- Road Food – And for people like me who can’t afford the luxury, Jane and Michael are helping us choose the best regional meals in America.
- An Edible Mosaic – Faith is tempting us with her finger-licking recipes from around the world and perfect pictures.
The Deadliest Travel Blogs
(or The Most Dangerous Ones)
- Switchback Travel – From amazing destinations to the most useful gear, David fills the gap between out-of-date guidebooks to hard to find quality information on the web. Very addictive.
- Alastair Humphreys – As a National Geographic Adventurer of the Year, Alastair motivates us to live our own adventures and microadventures.
- Expert Vagabond – Matthew is the kind of guy who will make you try skydiving when you are afraid of heights: inspiring, funny and adventurous.
- Xpat Matt – As Matt says, he travels the world in search of new and unique ways to get into trouble.
- Side Tracked – An adventure and travel magazine that offers inspiring personal stories of travel, exploration, expeditions and adventure.
The Healthiest Travel Blogs
- Hope Engaged – Katie knows that being healthy is more than just physically: it involves our spirituality too.
- The Art Of Non-Conformity – Chris Guillebeau dedicated his blog to unconventional people doing remarkable things, and according to him, we are all able to do remarkable things. Very inspiring!
- Spartan Traveler – Clayton Cornell (not to mistake him with my husband, Clinton Cornell) isn’t focusing only on health and general fitness, but he brings the subject in a very manly way.
- Don’t Forget to Move – Jules and Christine are traveling the world responsibly, volunteering and helping others.
- Sick On the Road – This is THE travel health blog. There’s no taboo for Sam and Phil: they are talking about everything. I mean everything: from sand flies to crotch rot, and health insurance.
The Most Unique Travel Blogs
- Souvenir Finder – Kristin embraces her uniqueness and allows us to get the vibe too! Kristin inspires me to go beyond the usual travel souvenir collection.
- Solo Traveler Blog – This is not the usual Solo Travel Blog: Janice and Tracey aren’t twenty something escaping the grown-up reality. They are the grownups teaching the young ones how to do it the right way!
- Man On the Lam – For the gentlemen inside us!
- The Hungry Partier – Let’s party! I just look at a picture of Drew, and I want to party!
- Where the Heck Is Matt? – You have all seen the viral video of the guy who dance his way around the world! Well, that’s Matt! Let’s go see that video again!!
The Prettiest Travel Blogs
- Easy Planet Travel – I am so proud of my blog! For me, it is more than just a blog, it is my work, my hobby and my passion. And I think it is pretty! What do you think? 😉
- Emma Kate Co. – More than a travel blog, Emma Kate knows how to capture the beauty within the small common things. And she has a fabulous first name 😉
- Ordinary Traveler – We discover a lot through pictures, and Christy and Scott surely know a lot about design and beauty.
- I Am Aileen – I just fell in love with Aileen’s website, and no wonder: she used to work as a graphic designer.
- Ken Kaminesky – Traveling around the world, 1 picture at a time.
- World of Wanderlust – Clean and minimalist designed website with a plethora of interesting articles.
- The Overseas Escape – I bet Margo can get anything with her beautiful and genuine smile!
- Girl Vs Globe – Sabina, owner of the lovely happy lifestyle blog Girl Vs Globe, aim to bring us magic and happiness back in our life. And I think she is doing a pretty good job!
The Greatest Travel Blogs
(Or the Travel Blogs I Am Jealous Of)
- Y Travel Blog – This family has been traveling around the world for years, and I just want to be able to keep traveling at least as long as they have been.
- A Lady in London – She has been to more than 101 countries! This is enough to make any wanderluster envious! And she’s sooo classy!
- Globetrotting Galore – If I am jealous of A Lady in London who traveled to 101 countries, I obviously envy Gunnar who had been to ALL of them! I am looking forward to beating his ’19 countries in 24 hours’! What’s even more impressive is that he has visited that many countries while working full-time! Kudos to Gunnar!
- Ok, there are too many travelers who visited all the countries of the world: I am jealous of them all!
- Nomad Revelations – João’s unique travel experiences are so invigorating. Who wouldn’t want to live among an indigenous Amazon tribe (where the women are topless) or ride for 22-hours straight in a pick-up truck in Mali?
- The Style Traveller – Unlike me, Bonnie always looks fabulous when travelling.
- Goats On the Road – A Canadian couple, Nick & Dariece, who really made it in the travel blogging industry! Congrats, fellow Canadian!
You may wonder why Nomadic Matt isn’t on my list. It’s not that I don’t like him, I absolutely do. But since he is dominating so much the travel blog industry, I wanted to give other people a chance (I always take for the underdogs!).
[…] not yet using this widget then surely you’re missing out a big opportunity for your list of travel websites. Experts have termed it as the next big thing in the IM […]
[…] be established at zero cost. You will of course have to devote the time to creating the necessary how to earn money from blogging. Over time the blogging process is highly effective in strengthening your personal brand as a top […]Leave a Comment
What a great list of blogs. Thank you for sharing it. Wanted to introduce you to Authentic Food Quest and nominate ourselves in the Yummiest Travel Blog Category. We focus on discovering authentic food from around the world and highlighting those dishes to inspire people to travel through food. We started our website in mid-2015 and spent 6 months in South America discovering the dishes of Argentina, Chile, Uruguay and Peru. We are now getting ready to continue our quest in Southeast Asia. We would love to be considered for future awards. Thanks for your time and consideration. Rosemary
I just took a look at your blog, and you are very good at sharing your passion for food! And I like your website too! Good job! We will definitely consider Authentic Food Quest next time!
Thank you for including my travel blog on your fantastic list of travelers. I feel honored and special hehehe…
I like your blog very much I’ll soon give back some lovin’ sharing and mentioning it on my pages. Thank you.
I wish you all the best & happy travels!
Greetings all the way from New Delhi India!
Such a fantastic list! It’s always exciting to find new, awesome travel blogs to drool over. Y Travel Blog was the first blog I EVER read, and may have been responsible for me escaping the big city and living on the road. I’ll always be thankful for that 🙂
So much inspiration collected in one place – I’ve got my reading list sorted now, thank you!
Great list of blogs. I will have to check some out. Thanks for posting!
This is an awesome round-up! I cannot wait to check each of these blogs out. And I didn’t realize there were different categories too 🙂
This is such a great collection of travel blogs! You even have a section for “Sexiest Travel Blogs”! I can’t wait to check them all. Thanks for sharing. 🙂
I have a friend that’s an aspiring travel blogger–will have to share this list with her for some inspiration! Thanks for compiling!
Great list of people for me to know follow and love!
OMG this is fabulous! Co comprehensive!
Thank you for the list. I enjoying stopping by new blogs. 🙂
I was excited to read this as I enjoy travel blogs. The best part is I haven’t heard of most of these before. So many great new blogs to explore!
Congrats! You all really deserve to be on that list!
WOW – good list of 50 blogs and nice to use it and thanks for sharing with us.
Thanks so much Muhammad!
Hi Dominique, this is a great list! I love that you break it down into categories, so people can check out exactly the type of blogs they’re interested in. My sister and I just started blogging back in July 2016 but would love for you to take a look at our blog and consider us for your next round of awards!
MVMT Blog focuses on inspiring those with full time jobs or full time educations to make the most of their vacation days and travel the world! We also try to find more remote/unheard of destinations to travel to and blog about. For instance, we just got back from a trip to the Faroe Islands, which many people haven’t heard of before! Hope you’ll take a look when you have a minute. 🙂 Happy travels!
Thank you for reaching to me! Your blog looks great, and I will definitely consider your website next year 😉
Hello Dominique. Great list. Well done to all listed. I want to introduce my blog Christobel Travel focusing on Travel & Style. Check it out when you have a minute. All the best!
Thanks for reaching to me! Your blog is wonderful! Good job!
Awesome list Dominique, there are tons of bogs that I never heard of!!! And I love that you are rooting for the underdogs. Next time you update the list you may want to check out our blog as well backpackerguide.nz/blog where we are challenging ourselves to tackle 365 activities in New Zealand in 365 days and blog about them every single day! Pretty epic!
Thank you Robin! Your blog is awesome too! You have a great niche. I wish to be able to visit New Zealand within the next 2 years. Maybe we’ll meet 😉
Of course I will consider your blog for next awards. I wish you a great year of travel and adventures!! xx
Great work putting all of them together. Seriously, all of the sites looks very informative. Let’s travel more!!
Thanks Danny! You said it 😉
Great list – nice to find some less well known travel blogs as some of these types of posts tend to focus more on the big names, making it even harder for newer bloggers to get their blogs out there! Cheeky I know, but we’d love to be considered for your next list 🙂
Thanks for your comment! Of course I will consider yours…
Ask, and you shall receive 😉
Why is my blog not in the list? Just kidding. 🙂
I actually came to get more inspiration as I am already feeling hopeless getting people to read my stories. I am a newbie who is on the verge of quitting 🙂 Thanks for the list, I love most of those you declared winners. Now I gotta push myself a little more; I am energized.
Travel blogging is a hard business, but quitting isn’t an option! Keep working hard, and it will pay off eventually 🙂
This list is so inspiring! My blog http://www.passportandpixels.com is quite new and I found this list while looking for inspiration. Next year I intend to be worthy of inclusion in it – Lonely Planet have chosen me to be one of their top bloggers of the month for the last 3 months in a row so hopefully I will be!
Congratulations! I will definitely consider your blog for this year’s round up 🙂
Great inspiration! Thanks for the post.
Thanks a lot! 🙂
Fantastic list! Thank you for compiling it. I would love to introduce you to my blog, The Mexico Report, and ask if you would consider it for Most Informative Destination Travel Blog. It will be my 8th year blogaversary this June 2017. I was inspired to create it after hearing so much negative news about the destination and wanted to provide good quality, positive information with a different perspective for travelers. The website is http://www.themexicoreport.com. Thank you so much for any consideration.
Thanks so much for reaching to me! Of course I will consider your blog for this year’s edition of the Best Travel Blogs! I’ve looked at it, and it is very informative indeed. You have great photography skills too. I wish you amazing business for 2017, and I will keep you posted when this year’s edition will be published.
Best regards, Dominique
Great list! I came hear looking for inspiration, and Wow, Wow, WOW!!
I’m a new blogger, well I say new, I’ve built my website just over a year ago and I’ve been blogging regularly since I’ve been in South America over the past 8 months.
My site needs a bit of a facelift I think, but my writing is definitely getting better with each post! (Bolivia by Bus, is one I’m particularly proud of!)
I would really appreciate any feedback you have for me. (I’d love to be able to make your list next time, so any pointers more than welcome!)
Ps… just spotted typo so resent 🙂
Hi Rebecca (or Reebex)! Thanks so much for reaching to me! Your adventures look terrific! Keep up the good work 🙂
Awesome list of some phenomenal blogs.
Since you didn’t mention any on hiking related domain, I would like to nominate a site of my own where we review hiking apparels and accessories in depth. The URL is https://hikersonrun.com and I would really appreciate it if you could check it out.
Thanks so much for reaching to me! It’s funny, I am putting up right now this year’s edition of the best travel blogs! Of course, I will check yours 🙂
Awesome group of travel bloggers, many who are my friends! Since you didn’t mention luxury with a side of culture and adventure this year, don’t forget me for 2017! And it is smart luxury too, which makes all the difference in the world.
Amazing list.I loved each one of them.
I am a traveller and have started writing about them.
Please review my blog
I hope to be here someday
Hi Debjit! Thanks for reaching to me! And thanks for sharing your blog too 🙂
Hi there! Such a inspirational group of travel bloggers – and such a neat idea! How would one enter these awards?
Thanks! I just finished this year’s round-up and will publish it tomorrow. So maybe you could comment 2017’s edition by mentioning your blog? It will help me to do 2018 🙂
I found your blog very useful when researching my trip. If you think this post adds something that you didn’t know yet, I would greatly appreciate it if you’d link back to it. Cheers
Could we be considered for 2018 please?
http://www.happytraveler.com Single Parent Family Travel
I should work on the 2018 edition, shouldn’t I? 🙂
I’ll consider you for sure!
Thanks so much! It really would be an honor as I love the categories.
This is such a great list – cool to see that some of my faves are also some of yours! Would love if The Gap Life Diaries could be considered for the 2018 edition 🙂
Thanks for sharing your blog Emma! Will definitely look into it! 🙂
Take a look at Worth Every Dime. Chicago-based Journalist Alistair Banerjee started this last year. Unusually cool and inspiring stories…Keep this in mind if you compile another list in the future…
Thanks Lizbet for your suggestion! I’ll look into it if I ever list the best travel blogs again 🙂
Hi there! Love this list and the fact that you consider smaller blogs. We’d love it if you could consider us for your next round: https://travelswithtalek.com.
I will definitely consider your blog for next round! 🙂
Fantastic post! Thanks for sharing!
Great list of blogs by category !! love it !!
Aww thank you so much!
So much inspiration here! And a super comprehensive list of which blogs to read according to what categories you’re most interested in, thank you!
Hopefully we can be here 1 day too! Just starting out on https://www.oftenoutofoffice.com/ so having success stories to get inspired by really keeps me going!
Hi Barbora, thanks for your feedback and never give up! You will succeed too 😉
thank you so much
Beautiful sites, its of great use to me. Its very interesting.
Hello, i most say am deeply impresses by your writing skills and also the layout on your website. Thanks for sharing.
You have a great list here. I read so many of these blogs and love them 🙂
And I agree with you- we all feel that our blog is the best but we still get inspired everyday by so many others.
I want to introduce you to my personal growth and travel blog – On My Canvas (https://onmycanvas.com/). If you have a minute sometime, do have a look. I would love to read your feedback 🙂
Appreciate your efforts here in putting together so many great blogs at one place.
nice article keep it up